South Hill – Two recent changes to visits at VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital (VCU Health CMH) include allowing an additional adult visitor for pediatric patients and opening visits through advanced scheduling at Hundley Center.
General visiting rules
• All visitors must be checked and provided with a visitor badge or armband.
• All visitors must always be masked.
• Visitors must adhere to physical distancing guidelines in all common areas.
• The second floor lobby waiting room is for ambulatory surgery patients and their support person only, all other visitors will be asked to return to their car.
• All visitors will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility and frequently during their stay.
• If the patient’s clinical needs dictate that there are no visitors (ie chemotherapy), visitors may be redirected to waiting rooms.
• Visiting hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• One visitor (18 years or older) allowed at a time per patient for all non-COVID patients. COVID positive patients are still not allowed to have visitors unless they are pediatric patients.
• Labor and Delivery Unit: 1 adult visitor (18 years or older) at a time, allowing 1 visitor to stay overnight.
• Pediatric patients on all units: 2 adult visitors (18 years or older) at a time, allowing 1 to stay overnight. Parent/POA/Guardian can swap. COVID-positive pediatric patients may have 1 parent or caregiver at a time.
• End-of-life patients: The number of visitors is determined by the patient’s healthcare team.
• Patients with special needs who require 24/7 assistance may be accompanied by a caretaker if it is in the best interest of the patient’s care.
To reach a patient, please dial (434) 584-**** followed by the patient’s four digit room number.
Appointments for outpatients and CARE buildings
• Surgical patients may be accompanied by an adult companion.
• Patients presenting for medical appointments, assessment, or diagnostic or therapeutic procedures may be accompanied by an accompanying adult.
Emergency department patients
Visits are currently suspended except in the following circumstances:
Pediatric patients: up to 2 parents and/or legal guardians.
Patients at end of life or in critical condition: The number of visitors is determined by the patient care team.
• Two visitors are allowed at a time for 30 minutes, and this must be scheduled in advance. Please call (434) 584-4570 or (434) 584-4579 between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to schedule a visit from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
It is very important that all visitors maintain appropriate physical distancing in all waiting areas. The health and safety of all patients and staff will continue to be of the utmost importance during this pandemic. Your best defense is to make sure you and your family are vaccinated. Look for further updates as VCU Health CMH continues to make progress in the fight against COVID.